Hope you had a good long weekend!
On Wednesday, we had our first Nutrition workshop. We are partnering with Cornell to host this 8-week series. Topics to be discussed are: portion control, what's on your plate, how to save on your food budget, simple exercises to try and more. We'll also be planning events to complement this series such as yoga, a cooking class and a group bike tour. Stay tuned!
On Thursday, we had a workshop called "Advocating for Our Children". Our guest speaker was Susan Petza from Queens Community Services, who is a Lemon Law Arbitration &
Special Education and Early Intervention Manager. She presented us with information on what mediation looks like, how we can utilize these services and what resources are out there for families, specifically dealing with special ed services. We hope to provide our families more resources on this issue as well as many other topics.
Looking ahead to next week:
- Monday, October 21: "On Stage with Mrs. Leto" at 8:30AM in the Cafe. Please RSVP to attend by using this link.
- Tuesday, October 22: Picture Day. We will be sending a tentative schedule of when classes will be taking their photos via Remind.
Just a few reminders:
- please make sure your children get to school on time. School hours are:
Kindergarten- 4th grade: 8:10AM
If your child arrives late, please bring them to the main office where they will receive a late pass. Children who need to go the ECC building will wait for a staff member to bring them over.
- please label EVERYTHING. Using a label maker is best but you can also use a piece of paper taped to your child's items. Permanent marker hardly stays permanent.
- please send in a sweatshirt, sweater or hoodie into class now that the days are getting colder. Children can keep these items on the backs of their chairs and can easily access them when they need. Closets are locked after all backpacks and jackets have been placed in the closets and will remain locked until lunch time.
- if you send in your child with rain boots, feel free to send in a pair of shoes they can change into but please be mindful, your child will need to change on their own.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!